You’re not the only one who has lived through Lake Mary septic system problems, but after reading this blog, you will know who to call to fix them: Acme Environmental Services.
Like anything in your home, your septic system requires routine maintenance, and with the right care it should operate reliably for decades. Working with a septic services company is the best way to avoid costly and dangerous septic system failures.
Are You Experiencing Some Of These Common Septic System Problems?
Your drainfield needs to slowly and steadily percolate wastewater through the soil, but if it fails or is oversaturated with water, it will not be able to function properly.
Drainfield failure can be caused by solids spilling out of your septic tank, which can happen if your tank is not regularly pumped out. Failure can also occur if the drainfield receives too much water at once, such as during a flood. Some signs of potential drainfield problems include:
- Lush, green grass from leaking wastewater
- Odors over the tank or drainfield
- Puddles of water on your lawn
Backups And Clogs
If you’ve noticed that your sinks, showers, or other drains are draining very slowly, you may have a clogged or backed up septic line. This can also cause sewage to backup into the drains – definitely something that you don’t want to experience!
The best way to avoid clogged septic lines is to only flush human waste and toilet paper down toilets. Flushing kitchen waste like grease and oils, feminine hygiene products, diapers, or cat litter down a toilet can cause blockages.
Regular septic tank pumping will also remove excess solid waste from your tank, allowing it to flow smoothly and preventing Lake Mary septic system problems.
There are multiple causes for septic system leaks. Some possible causes include:
- Tree roots are drawn to sources of water and nutrients, and will often grow around and into septic tanks and septic lines. This causes cracks and leaks in your septic system.
- Driving over your septic tank or drain field in a heavy vehicle can cause the lines to be crushed, creating leaks. It’s important to never park a vehicle over your septic system.
- Don’t try digging into the ground near your septic system, you could accidentally hit one of the lines, creating leaks and damage that are expensive to repair.
How To Resolve Lake Mary Septic System Problems
Working with a reputable septic system service provider like Acme Environmental Services is the best way to fix your Lake Mary septic system problems. We can provide the regular maintenance and urgent repairs needed to keep your septic system running smoothly for years to come. Contact us today to schedule your next service!