Maximizing The Life Of Your Septic System
Hiring professionals to pump and clean your septic system is the best way to avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns. Keeping your septic tank and sewer line free from excessive buildup allows for easier cleanout and repairs. At Acme Environmental Services, our septic tank cleaning services will give you peace of mind that your septic system’s performance will remain uninterrupted for years to come.
Why do I need a septic tank cleaning?
- Standing water – water builds up around the septic tank over time, indicating a full septic tank. This could lead to muddying your lawn and mosquitoes breeding in the sitting water.
- Managing a business at home – Using water more frequently at home, such as washing clothes, flushing, rinsing, cooking, and other activities may slow down regular draining.
- Odor – When wastewater builds up, odor-filled gases emit from openings, such as open drains and outdoor areas.
- Garbage disposal – Running the disposal or grinding food in a dishwasher may lead to food buildup. Over time, the septic tank fills up and bacteria may grow in the garbage disposal.
When should I schedule a septic tank cleaning?
- Depending on the household, we recommend scheduling your septic cleaning at least every one to three years.
- If you have a larger household, up to eight people, we definitely recommend calling us at Acme Environmental Services once a year to clean the septic tank and keep up with regular maintenance.
Factors to keep in mind once we’ve completed your cleaning:
- Properly dispose of cooking oil – don’t let it go down the drain. Throw out the oil in a container, or throw it out once it’s solidified to ensure you take care of your septic tank.
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Keep an eye (and nose) out for anything that looks or smells suspicious.
- Give us a call at 407-330-0756 if you have any questions at all.