While it might not seem like there is much excitement when it comes to your septic field, there can be unknowns. Here are a few surprising things you didn’t know about your Orlando septic field that will help prolong the life and efficiency of your drain field.
It’s More Important Than You Think
Your septic field is arguably the most important (and costly) part of your entire septic system. We take the installation of your Orlando septic field very seriously. We make it easy for you to understand the do’s and don’ts of your system, so your drain field can operate at its best performance. For the highest functioning septic field:
- Be careful what you put into your septic tank and only flush waste and toilet paper.
- Do not dispose of cleaning agents, cooking grease, and oils.
- Have your septic system inspected regularly.
- Schedule professionals for routine maintenance to pump and clean the system.
It Will Show You When It’s Time
Your septic field will show signs that it needs repair or maintenance – you just have to know what to look for. It is best to contact us right away before any problem you are experiencing becomes worse. At first sight (or smell) of any of these signs, you will want to get your Orlando septic field checked out:
- You smell a foul odor around the septic tank or septic drain field.
- There is consistent slow drainage from bathtubs, sinks, or shower drains.
- You see sitting and pooling water in your yard.
- Bubbling or gurgling sounds are coming from your plumbing system.
It’ll Operate Well When Maintained
Not only will your drain field tell you when there’s a problem, but your Orlando septic field will also show you signs of sufficiency when operating at proficiency. It is much easier to maintain a healthy drain field than fix a failing one. Follow regular maintenance and proper care for your septic system and trust us, you will be able to see the difference in a healthy and effective Orlando septic field. Here are some of the signs of a well-maintained system:
- Fast-drying soil after rainfall and storms.
- Your lawn maintains a normal color.
- The home or commercial plumbing system drains quickly.
- The soil on your drain field is solid, firm, and smooth.
No Surprises Are A Good Thing
Although surprises might be fun in other areas of your life, they are the last thing you want when it comes to your Orlando septic field. Apply these tips, and you won’t have to worry about any unpleasant surprises!
Whether you are looking for routine maintenance or experiencing system failure, Acme Environmental Services would love to work with you on your Orlando septic field! Our trained technicians use top-quality processes and products at reasonable rates for your home or business. Schedule your free estimate or contact us today for your Orlando septic field installation, repair, maintenance, or cleaning.