Septic systems are a clean and efficient way to manage waste. It’s important to understand how they work and keep them running properly with these Orlando septic tank services.
How Your Septic Tank Works
Septic systems are generally used in suburban and rural locations not served by a centralized public sewer system. Their purpose is to treat and separate sewage from wastewater that enters it, done through both natural and technological processes. Our Orlando septic tank services can keep your system fully functional throughout its lifetime.
What starts as waste exits your home and goes into the system. Then, as the solid waste moves through your septic system, it falls to the bottom of the tank as “sludge,” while liquid waste moves to the top as a “scum” layer.
The wastewater in the middle will remain mostly free from solids but contains nitrogen and phosphorous chemicals, both of which can be helpful as fertilizer. Pipes located in the center of the tank remove this fertilizer water and move it through and out into a drain field system.
The Benefits Of Having An Orlando Septic Tank
- Public health benefits – If used correctly, septic systems can reduce the risk of diseases or pathogens being transferred through your household water.
- Environmental benefits – Wastewater treatment removes pollutants from surface water and reinvigorates groundwater. It also helps to fertilize the earth where the drain field system is located.
- Economic benefits – These systems help rural and suburban areas reduce energy costs to collect and treat wastewater.
How To Keep Your Septic Running Properly
- Excavation- Your system is located underground, so your professionals will have to dig to access it. When hiring an Orlando septic tank services professional, it’s necessary to find out whether or not their pricing includes digging costs.
- Thorough Evacuation & Solid Waste Removal- An essential aspect of septic tank maintenance is a thorough evacuation of your tank. The solid and liquid waste is kept in the tank to prevent smells and diseases from being spread. Over time, this can create a significant buildup in your tank if not cleaned regularly and thoroughly. The pumping doesn’t always remove all of the sludge from the tank, and additional cleaning may be required.
- Tank Inspection- Another important maintenance measure is a thorough inspection of the tank to ensure everything is in proper working order. Detecting issues early can help prevent costly problems in the future.
Is your septic tank due for preventative maintenance? Let us be your Orlando septic tank services professionals. Contact us to get started today with a free estimate on services.